“It Is Not Fair To Ask Of Others What You Are Not Willing To Do Yourself” – Best Quotes By Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt is the best example of a woman who managed to step out of the shadow of the first lady of the United States and step into the shoes of an activist, diplomat and politician. Her vision completely changed the typical role of the “president’s wife”.
She is much more remembered for her role as a diplomat, politician and her wisdom than as the First Lady of the country.
These are her best quotes:
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Do what you think is right, because you will be criticized anyway.
- You can often change the circumstances by changing your behavior.
- Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Many people will go through your life, but only the best friends will leave a mark in your heart.
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- It is not fair to ask others what you are not ready to do yourself.
- Friendship with yourself is important because without it nobody can be friends with anyone else in the world.
- I think we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision.
- Life has to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. No one should ever, for any reason, turn his back on life.
- You do the things that interest you and you do them with all your heart. Do not worry if people observe or criticize you. Chances are that they are not paying attention to you.
- It is the wife’s duty to be interested in what her husband is interested in, whether it is politics, books, or a particular meal for dinner.
- A little simplification will be the first step towards living rationally, I think.
- The more we simplify our material needs, the more we are free to think about other things.