Roger W. Sperry, a psychobiologist and Nobel Laureate, discovered that the brain’s two hemispheres—left and right—function differently, and how you think depends on which side is dominant. According to his findings, there are a variety of tests that may be used to evaluate your cognitive process and personality traits.
Look at the snapshot for a moment. Which animal did you initially notice?
Continue reading to learn more about how your mind works dependent on which animal you initially observed.
The head of a tiger
- Planned: You follow a set of instructions, such as a to-do list.
- Precise: You have well-defined objectives and a plan in place to attain them.
- Emotions and sentiments do not prevent you from accomplishing your objectives.
- Logical: You have a knack for arithmetic, science, and putting concepts together in a logical order.
- Realistic: You live in a very real world. There is no room for fairy tales or fiction in it. Similarly, no matter how high your objectives appear to others, you know they are practical and attainable.
The hanging monkey
Your brain’s right hemisphere is more active. You are a creative thinker with a lot of new ideas. When confronted with an issue, you depend on your intuition (which is almost always right) rather than critical thought.
You are fully aware that every step you take in your life teaches you something, and that losing is a step toward attaining your objectives. The journey is more essential to you than the destination. You often get lost in your own dreamland because you are a dreamer. It is critical that you get a reality check and pay closer attention to the environment around you on a regular basis.
Characteristics of your personality:
- You are impulsive in the sense that you do things on the spur of the moment. You have an uncanny ability to think beyond the box.
- Emotional: You are deeply concerned about a wide range of issues. You contemplate for a long time and act on your feelings.
- You are artistic and creative in your approach to music, the arts, and other creative pursuits.
- You don’t make a to-do list or follow the rules if you’re intuitive. You have a natural ability to solve issues.
- Dreamy: You have aspirations for your life rather than objectives, and you work hard to achieve them, frequently successfully.
It’s important to remember that the brain’s two hemispheres don’t operate in isolation; rather, they collaborate and complement one another. So, while you may appear to have more features associated with one of the hemispheres, you will almost certainly have traits from the other.
So, which image did you initially notice? Is it the tiger’s head or the monkey’s head that hangs from the ceiling? Do your personality qualities complement each other? Please let us know in the comments section.